Reading the book of Ezekiel

I have been reading the book of Ezekiel. Because I have never read it before.Let me tell that is on  interesting book of the Bible. A little eccentric and shocking but shows me a lot about how God disciplines sin and longs to care for us.  I have been doing a women' s Bible study on Exodus at my church. It is so cool to see words used in Exodus repeated in Ezekiel. I can' t tell you how many times I have read "And they will know that I am Yahweh. God longs for everyone to know Him.

 I love in Ezekiel 16 how God says to Israel an adulterous nation..
"And as for your birth, on the day you were born your umbilical cord was not cut, and you were not thoroughly washed clean with water, and you were not thoroughly rubbed with salt, and you were not carefully wrapped in strips of cloth. No eye took pity on you to do to you one of these things to show compassion for you, and you were thrown into the open field in their despising of you on the day you were born. 
“ ‘And I passed by you, and I saw you kicking about in your blood, and I said to you in your blood, “Live! Grow up; I will make you like a plant of the field.” 

God wants me to live, to grow up. He doesn't want to see me  paralyzed by fears If I Will I have the strength and energy to work and be a good wife and mother or if we are making the right choice to send Ian to a charter school and if Judah may need more surgeries.  He wants me to trust in Him as my good shepherd.

He says in Ezekiel 34,
For thus says the Lord Yahweh: “Look! I, even I, will seek my flock, and I will look after them, just like the caring of a shepherd for his herd on the day when he is in the midst of his scattered flock. Thus I will look after my flock, and I will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on the day of storm and stress. And I will bring them out from the peoples, and I will gather them from the countries, and I Will bring them to their soil, and I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, in the valleys, and in all of the settlements of the land. I will feed them in good pasture, and their pasture will be on the mountains of the heights of Israel; there they will lie down in good pasture, and on lush pasture they will feed on the mountains of Israel. I myself will feed my flock and I myself will allow them to lie down,” declares the Lord Yahweh. “I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the scattered, and I will bind up the one hurt, and I will strengthen the sick; and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed her with justice.” 

God looks after and will provide everything we need! How reassuring in a world that is spinning how of control!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream BIG! A BIG dream of mine is coming true, before my very eyes.

ELS, Teaching, More doctors

A new healthier me!